Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 10:19:12 AM, Malcolm wrote:
MS> I note that Cameraworld in London are selling some at a fraction that I
MS> bought one new for. It almost looks too good to be true. With that in mind,
MS> has anyone bought a refurbished digital camera? A second body would be very
MS> useful, but not if I am going to get a lemon.

I haven't, so no advice on that one <g>.

But some manufacturers put the total number of shutter releases
(including after assembly testing, I think!) somewhere into the maker
note field in the EXIF data. Few EXIF viewers know that, and can show
you the information. That would be quite interesting to know if you
can get a hold of file from that refurb, as obviously a camera with 50
000 releases might not be that desirable. I am not sure if Pentax
stores the number there, though. I think there was a thread about it
some time ago.

Good light!
           fra