[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Indeed, a key attribute of these films
> is that you need not commit the
> entire roll to one ISO setting. Rather,
> you can choose your setting, frame
> by frame, without fear that you will under-
> or overexpose the other frames.

That doesn't sound right, and is counter to my experience.  Some
time ago I did what I called a "typical consumer shoot" and used
three different rolls of C41 B&W film.  The idea was to shoot the
rolls and just drop 'em off at the handiest lab I could find.  One
roll - perhaps Ilford - was shot using variable EIs and the results
were all over the place.  They were terrible.

I can see shooting an entire roll at one EI, 200, 400, 800, and
getting consistent results, but not shooting as you've suggested.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]