Canon also put the mode control dial where the shutter speed dial used to go to give it a more "analog" appearance, removed
the information LCD, since who needs information if the camera is going to think for you after all. (The best of all possible worlds).
Still the 8mp is a slight improvement, gives you a bit more cropping room. I expect it will sell for the same amount as a the current
Rebel-D so it's competing more with that body than anything else.

Cotty wrote:

On 17/2/05, Henri Toivonen, discombobulated, unleashed:

<http://www.pma-show.com/review/canon/001_EOS_digital_rebel_xt.html>

That page has been removed.

Interesting!

It showed a 'Digital Rebel XT' in black with a battery pack attached,
quoting the 8MP sensor and 3 frames per second....

Cheers,
 Cotty

___/\__ || (O) | People, Places, Pastiche ||=====| http://www.cottysnaps.com _____________________________

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke