Thought I recognized your name too. :-)

I was on several Leica lists. I haven't been for quite a while
now: there's simply too much bickering and posing ... on *all*
of them. I don't know why that is, but it is uninteresting to me
to read it.

I started my own email list through which to show pictures and
discuss photography a few years back, called "SeePhoto".
Conversation is low key and it's open to discussion of photos,
equipment, techniques, etc, without regard to brand-centricism.
Good folks. If anyone is interested, you can get the info/faq
from the subscription page at
http://www.micapeak.com/lists/seephoto/ (The list itself
distributes messages only through email.)

best,
Godfrey