Bob W mused:

> Hi,
>
> >> Also, I believe the WinXP "properties" of the file are not transferred
> >> with the file. They are most likely stored in the NTFS filesystem on
> >> your disk (that might explain why you can't change them . . .
>
> > No - the reason why the posted instructions don't work for Michael
> > are because you can't use that technique with multiple files selected;
> > you can only change those properties for a single file at a time.
>
> Michael asked about changing these properties:
>
> > It's file attributes like "title", "theme" or "commentary"
> > (deutsch: Titel, Thema, Kommentare)
>
> which I can change with multiple files selected, otherwise I would not
> have posted the instructions.

In that case your version of WinXP behaves differently from my version.

If I bring up the "properties" dialog with only one file selected,
I can change Title and/or Comments (and a few other properties).
[Interestingly enough, Category shows up, but can not be altered]

With multiple files selected, all those property fields are disabled.
I can still see the boxes in the dialog, but they are greyed out.