To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:46 PM
Subject: Re: On-the-Go Storage, it works!

On 22 Feb 2005 at 21:34, Mark Cassino wrote:

The only problem with the X's Drive is the battery - after a year's use my X's
Drive II can't hold a charge long enough to dump a 1 gig card. I contacted the
place where I bought the drive, who basically said they recommended sending the
drive in for replacement (I guess it's more than just an open it up and pop in a
new battery deal) and wanted too much for the service and the battery.

I agree the L-ion batteries in these things are a pain, this is partially why I
got me a CompactDrive (AA powered). No good to hear you had so much difficulty
sourcing a battery, they are pretty cheap here (AU$35.00) and very easy to
change.

http://www.powerinnumbers.com.au/

Cheers,

Rob Studdert HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA Tel +61-2-9554-4110 UTC(GMT) +10 Hours [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/publications/ Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998