Frank Wajer wrote:

> I'll be at Kala Patar 5500m altitude (ie 18000ft for the yankees).
> Everest basecamp is at 5700m (19000ft), but there is no view of Everest
> from basecamp. So I'll be IN the Himalaya not in Kathmandu taking pictures
> from Everest with a 10000mm lens.

I've never been higher then 14k, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking
about, but I'm thinking changing lenses might be a pain in ass.

Maybe the 24-90, 28-105 or <gasp> a 28-200 would be  most reasonable?

OTOH, you probably won't be carrying a tripod, so possibly faster primes
would work better for you. In that case, a 24 and 100 would work.

Obviously you have to decide what's important for you. Lens choice is
always a personal decision. I think I would take my 20-35/4, 100/3.5 and
my little Gitzo 021.

tv