Hi Rob ...

It's a matter of what you get used to, and, of course, the style of
photography that one does.  I learned to make photographs in San Francisco,
catching snippets of life on Market Street, the Mission District, and other
fast-paced and sometimes crowded urban areas.  Using a pre-set spottie, a
wrist strap, and hoping for some quick reflexes, one handed shooting became
a simple and reasonably successful way of making photographs.  It was hard
to do with a tele or long focus lens, though <LOL>

http://home.earthlink.net/~scbelinkoff/images/cell-guy.html

Shel