On Mar 8, 2005, at 5:48 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:

So who else shoots successfully one handed? I certainly end up with marginal
results at best when I do (which is only when there is no other option).

Only when there's no other option.

About the only specific time I can remember doing this was when using a K2 with the 15mm f/3.5. I had to shield the lens from the sun with one hand to prevent flare. The other hand had to somehow hold that horribly front-heavy rig straight while I took the photo.

Oh yeah, one other time when I wanted to get a photo of a Reliant parked in someone's driveway when I was in the UK.

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/