On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:39:57 -0500, Peter J. Alling
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd like to thank everyone who said nice things about this image, which
> is just about everyone who commented.  Not often I get one everyone likes,
> and just because I can't leave well enough alone I decided to try a B&W
> conversion, (with a bit of perspective correction).
>
> http://www.mindspring.com/~pjalling/PESO_--_untitledvb&wp-c.html
>
> Technical Info:
>
> The original was shot with the *ist-D and SMC-P FA 20-35mm f4.0
> Converted to B&W using the method Cotty posted in February.
>
> I think it works very well.
>
> As usual comments are welcome but may be totally ignored...

As I mentioned in another post, I'm way behind (like maybe a week, in
some cases?) in my PAW comments, so I haven't seen the "original" yet.

I ~really~ like this in b&w, however.  It's virtually grainless, so it
looks like you've shot it on slow film, like PlusX or something.  The
greytones are so sublime, they work very well with the timelessness of
this shot.  It seems to have a 50's look to it.

Love the composition/perspective.

I expect to see a young Jackie O (except back then she'd have been
Jackie Kennedy) walk through the frame with her Rayban's and kerchief
on.  It just has that feel to it.

Great shot.

cheers,
frank