In a message dated 3/15/2005 6:45:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Off work for a couple of days as I'm working this weekend, lunch under
the grill, and I look out of the window to find this chap on the feeder.
He's awkwardly placed as these nuts are meant for the tits (whoa
Beavis....) and he's a bit big to be there. I looked him up and he's an
adult male Great Spotted Woodpecker, a common bird in these parts, but
I've never seen one close up before.

<http://www.cottysnaps.com/snaps/nature/images/pic23.html>

zoom + 2X (400mm actual) on a 1.3x sensor, ISO 400 1/125th wide open at
5.6 grabbed through a window. Got a dozen shots before he fell off /
exited stage left.

Cheers,
  Cotty
Very, very nice shot. I realize you didn't give it a lot of preplanning, but
nice composition too. Worked out well.

Marnie   (The 70-200?)