On Mar 16, 2005, at 9:30 AM, Frantisek wrote:

Hi, if there is a compilation of JHEAD for Mac (as there probably is),
it has an option IIRC that writes the EXIF creation date/time into the
filesystem's date/time. Apart from many other features like renaming
files according to date/time in EXIF, et cetera... of course JHEAD is
only for jpegs :-(

There are many such utilities available for Mac OS X (I'm not familiar with JHEAD specifically), but again they work primarily with JPEG files. This particular issue is most easily solved with scripting the GetFileInfo and SetFile commands, which are installed with the Mac OS X development tool suite.

There are certainly other ways to achieve the same thing as well.... when/if I have time...

Godfrey