----- Original Message ----- From: "John Francis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
but it would have been nice
if the image created date was correctly set as well.

It would be, if you had a Windows Shell Extension that knows how to get those
fields from a Pentax RAW file. Windows Explorer knows how to rummage around
inside a JPEG file to get the EXIF fields, and it understands quite a few other
image file formats as well. But Pentax RAW (PEF) files aren't on that list.

So EXIF isn't so standard after all, then. :-)

Actually, I'm not really bothering with what WinExplorer do, it's not expected that it should recognise any of the proprietary raw file formats anyway. What's more interesting is that not even Pentax themselves have managed to create a browser to sort this out.

My previous mail was written from a laptop at work. Here at home, I have checked ThumbsPlus and C1 RAW, and both are able to display the exact second the shutter was tripped. In thumbsPlus, the file timestamp is consequently 12-13 seconds behind "Original date/time".

So If I have got this right, neither MAC or MS OS'es nor Photoshop CS on both platforms (Raw converter v2.3) can read the creation timestamp, but some other applications can. Would be nice to know if this bug has been fixed in raw-module v2.4 for CS, and to hear if eg. BreezeBrowser or other software packages can read it.

Someone recently mentioned another rawconverter as well, that seemed like freeware?

Jostein