Scott Loveless wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:41:37 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Scott Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2005/03/21 Mon PM 02:44:04 GMT
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: OT Stop bath

Anybody know anything about shipping stop bath.  B&H won't do it just
now.  Adorama doesn't seem to have a problem letting me add it to my
cart.  The Camera Store says it must be shipped as a hazardous
material and will incur additional charges.  Is this something new, or
I have I been out of the loop for too long?

Go to your local pharmacist or grocer and buy some spirit vinegar. Not malt. It's the same thing.

Really?!?!? How would one go about diluting it?

I would just use it neat. It's only about 3-5% Ethanoic acid as a condiment, at most. If you must, dilute it by about 50%. As long as it is still acidic it will stop the reaction, for all practical purposes. The "real" photographic stop bath has an indicator in sometimes, to tell you when it's exhausted. That will only be litmus, or something like that. You can use your nose. Once it stops smelling like vinegar it will be knackered. Or your nose will be 8-)))