On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:51:23 +0100, Frantisek wrote:

>   I am looking for a HDD enclosure that has OTG USB specifications -
>   basically a "copy" button - so I can attach a card reader to it and
>   it would copy all the files from the card trought the reader onto
>   the HDD. Just a no frills backup storage. There are some really
>   cheap ones, which might be nice for a project that I will do next
>   month, cheaper than the Compactdrive even.
>
>   I saw one named LOOK and also few others, just a HDD box with OTG
>   circuitry inside and external box with AA batteries.
>
>   Any thoughts on them? Speed?

Hi,

I (and many others on the list) have an X-drive II.  It's basic and
does the job with reasonable speed.  It's been superseded a couple of
times but you can still buy it some places.

The Compact drive PD7X uses AA batteries and is supposed to be faster
and smaller and I would consider it if I was looking for another basic
model.

Of the brands that show pictures only the Flashtrax supports Pentax RAW
format, but you pay a lot more for the ability to view pictures.  The
Flashtrax is also a lot bigger than the X-drive.

Hope this helps.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon