Fra,

Like several others here I chose a PD7X.

I went with a 40GB drive. Its powered by 4 AA batteries, has a built in
dual voltage battery recharger, and is very simple to operate.

To copy the memory card to the drive you insert the card,
place the power switch to the 'Card' position and press the
'Ok' button. That's it. To download to your PC you connect
the supplied USB cable, put the power switch to 'Disk'
and it shows up as a removable drive. Then just drag and drop
the files. Each time you copy a card it creates a new directory
on its internal drive which is helpful for organising.

Here are two reviews of it.

http://fhoude34.free.fr/PD7x%20Review.htm
http://www.jaldigital.com.au/pd7xreview.html

Mine cost me CAD$300 (inclusive of shipping and taxes).
 Fred Widall,
 Email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]