James,

For all the Spotmatics that are on eBay, this one was one to avoid.  He
clearly told you the camera had problems and lens was dented and he was
selling 'as is'.  When they go that far out of their way to tell you it is
junk, believe them!

About all you can do it try to clean the lenses up and move on.

Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I received the Spotmatic F, lenses and flash today from the auction I won.
 http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1236238488

 The SPF shutter/mirror was jamming (which I fixed), and the SMC Tak 55mm
 f1.8 lens had the filter ring dented from the camera being dropped. The rear
 element had fluid marks inside the lens, plus what looks to be mold inside
 the front element. The same is true for the Kitsar 28mm lens.  On getting
 home I found the spotmeter does not work, also the flash is dead. The only
 thing that works ok, is the Kitstar 80mm - 210 Zoom.

 Quote: The lens that is ON the camera in the photos is marked ASAHI Opt. Co.
 Japan SMC Takumar 1:1.8/55. This is the only lens with any damage.....there
 is nothing wrong with the lens itself, but the other rim has been
 dented/pushed in.

 Quote: Kitstar Multicoated 1:2.8 f=28 mm. It is in good shape and comes in
 its own leather case.

 The 3rd lens (the zoom) is marked Kitstar Auto-Zoom 1:3.8 f=80mm - 210 mm

 What recourse have I got. >>