Why do people on these marque-centric lists speak in such snide and negative terms about the manufacturer whose products they are supposedly enjoying?

Personally, I bought a Pentax *istDS because I found it a very suitable camera. I like the 6Mpixel 16x24mm format sensor, it produces the quality I was looking for, and like the size/weight/design of the camera a lot. Yeah, sure, a faster, metal-bodied camera with more features might be nice, but I'm barely using all the features this one has and I don't feel a need to carry something with more features just for the sake of bragging rights.

The Pentax lenses I've bought and am using on this body do very well, A series, M series as well as F/FA/DA generation.

I can't fathom why people seem to want to complain about things constantly. I prefer to take what is offered, discover what it does well, and exploit it to maximum advantage rather than complain about "what might be".

Godfrey