Hey whatever works for you. I prefer MF lenses and the way they affect my
picture taking. Most AF lenses don't have the right feel for me.
Nick

-----Original Message-----
    From: "Christian"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Sent: 29/03/05 20:34:17
    To: "pentax-discuss@pdml.net"<pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
    Subject: Re: I'm surprised that this one didn't attract a single bid

    Nick Clark wrote on 3/29/2005, 2:11 PM:

     > It's not just about optical quality, it's about the gestalt of picture
     > taking. MF lenses feel better and promote a more considered approach
     > to composition.

    Oh god... not this again...

    I'm not going to argue the "feel" because what feels good to you may not
    for me.  But, how can you say that MF lenses "promote a more considered
    approach to composition."?  In what way?  I can use AF lenses in MF mode
    and treat them exactly like MF lenses.  Or I can use the multiple AF
    sensor of my camera to focus on what I want.  Or I can use the AF and
    recompose option.  The tools used cannot "promote a more considered
    approach to composition."  Only the tool user (that would be you, the
    photographer) can "promote a more considered approach to composition."

    Your statement is just as bad as the zooms vs. primes or automatic vs
    manual arguments about learning composition.

    --
    Christian
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]