On 29 Mar 2005 at 20:07, Mishka wrote:

> exactly.
> (1) available to germany only
> (2) "as is, no warranty whatsoever"
> (3) payment by bank transfer only
> looks like a winning combination of friendliness and convenience.
> i think the best one was
> (4)  "I pay the eBay fees!" -- a truly generous spirit!

I have generally found that if I make the effort to speak with people offering
goods from Europe that many will actually ship O/S. Also like US eBay I think
you will find that by default shipping is set to local only, many sellers seem
unaware of this. Bank transfers are quite cost effective and convenient only
outside the US is seems. The seller seemed genuine, I was watching the auction
and if I didn't have an A20/2.8 already I would have bought it and I would have
had it shipped to Oz one way or another.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998