Shel Belinkoff quoted someone from the Luminous Lanscape who wrote:

"I really don't care all that much about what the picture looks like that I
took in the field - I care about what I can make of the image in
postproduction."

then Shel asked for comment:

"Any comments on this?"

I'm writing without first reading the other responses so I'm probably
repeating others.

The author apparently likes Photoshop more than he does photography. There's
nothing wrong with that but it's not for me.

I'd rather spend my time trying to take good pictures than trying to fix bad
ones. I'm a slide shooter and I try to get the shot right before I press the
button.

I wonder how cheap digital photography would be if the digiphiles counted
all the hours they spent fooling with Photoshop.

Tom Reese