Sunday, April 10, 2005, 6:24:18 AM, David wrote:
DO> NiMH batteries do self-discharge relatively rapidly; even moreso than
DO> NiCads.  Fortunately, they don't have as much of a "memory" issue as
DO> NiCds.  They do take several charge-discharge cycles to reach their
DO> fullest capacity though.

In all I have read about batteries, it seems to me that the "memory
effect" is not real, except in very controlled laboratory conditions.
The loss of capacity most people describe to memory effect is just bad
charging technique, overcharging, too rapid charging for the battery
and similar faults. At least that's how I understand it :)

Good light!
           fra