From: "Alan P. Hayes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I get the impression that a lot of what people describe as memory problems are really just out and out battery damage due to overheating and probably other stuff.

I have an Energizer 30 minute charger. The batteries are HOT when they come out - they won't physically burn your fingers, but they are too hot to comfortably hold in your hand.

I bought this a couple of years ago to replace an older Rayovac charger that took about 8 hours to charge up a set of NMHi batteries. Unfortunately the Rayovac was damaged when a battery leaked inside of it.

I've been tossing NiHI that are in the 3 year old range - they won't take a charge from the energizer charger. It's hard to say how much use they get since they have been used in the *ist-D, CoolPix 990, and lots of flashes. But could the high temps of the charger be a problem?

Thanks -

MCC

Mark Cassino Photography
Kalamazoo, MI