To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: Battery Management

I usually just charge whatever I can and not worry about the fine points. Don't use a flash. switch to lithiums. Lately, I've been having batteries quit on me that I thought were charged, which is a nuisance even if you tend to carry a lot of batteries. I made one interesting discovery due to this recently though. All of my rechargeables had pooped out on me so I went looking for some disposables so I could keep shooting. I generally get the lithium AAs which really last pretty well. this time all I could find were alkalines so I got the fanciest ones they had (why not?) and was pleasantly surprised when I got around 150 shots out of them. I'm wondering if the istD has the low voltage cutout situation you here about with some other cameras.

--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design

Photographs at
http://www.ahayesphoto.com/americandead/index.htm