On 13 Apr 2005 at 21:20, David Mann wrote:

> I made this page last year when I got curious - it's similar to the
> testing you did.  And similar to the quick page Rob just did :)
> http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/profile_test/

Yes I was trying to find your page, the growing list for non-CS aware Browsers
is a bit sad really.

> Embedding your profile benefits me, a Safari user with a calibrated &
> profiled screen, but not many others.  It does add slightly to the
> filesize so you might want to consider whether it's really worthwhile.

Embedding an sRGB profile adds about 3k to the file so the penalty isn't huge
in the scheme of things.

> That is why you should convert to sRGB before saving, whether you save
> with the embedded profile or not.  Which is a long-winded way of saying
> exactly what you did :)

>From the screen shots I've seen off Mac desk-tops most users seem to be
>running
a g1.8 desk-top (definitely not g2.2) so in Safari (or any non-CS aware
Browser) the sRGB formatted non-embedded files look quite anaemic.

So does Safari have an option to pre-set a default CS which would be
automatically applied to files sans embedded CS?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998