(snip)

> I do, however, strongly disagree with your comment about the casual needs
> of the PAW and PESO postings.  I believe those who post should at least
try
> to make the best renderings possible. The world is already too filled with
junk images and photographs, and posting crap without at least trying to
make the results good, or asking for help, or at least acknowledging that
one's skills weren't up to the task (which is, perhaps, tantamount to asking
for suggestions), does the poster and the community here, as well as other
viewers, a disservice.

(snip)

Those are also my views, but I hadn't assumed your motivation was the same
as mine.  However I still think that the tonal quality of this shot is below
par except for that one puzzling part of the composition - the man on the
right who isn't even the nominal subject.  He alone is expertly rendered.

Also, you didn't admit any shortcomings with the picture when first posted.
I could only assume that it was either the best you could do or wanted to
do, or that altruism prevented you from "photoshopping" it, or that this was
an un-optimized work print that was presented without a disclaimer.

regards,
Anthony Farr