Hi Frank ...

Didn't see the original post.

I'm of mixed feelings about this one.  My first comment is that the
tonality is awful and really needs to be less contrasty and show some more
detail, which I know is within the photo.

I like the statement made by the background.  However, not showing Leah's
eyes, her not looking wither at the camera, or at something, lessens the
impact that this portrait could have had.  I like the potential, but not
the execution or the final statement.  The background and the piercings are
at odds with the posture, and if you wanted to show the softer side of
Leah, I'm not sure that the background you chose does the best job.  I
guess I feel an ambiguity ... which isn't a negative in and of itself, but
I don't think it adds to the portrait.  My feeling about the ambiguity may
change ...


> Hi!
>
> > http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3289593&size=lg
> > 
> >  I'm not sure what I think about this crop, so I'll post the uncropped
> > version in a day or so, to see if anyone may want to give cropping
> > their best shot (you'll see why I think it needs a crop when you see
> > the full-frame version).


Reply via email to