Tom C wrote:
Sure, but why do you care about the employment situation in NYC? Worry about the employment situation closer to home, and where you live will be a nicer place.

William Robb

I don't really. But I also don't think I'm personally responsible for keeping someone else gainfully employed while incurring a detriment to myself. If I thought that way, I'd donate to every charity asking for meny and I'd and give a buck to every homeless person on the street. And then *I'd* be broke.

You are not responsible to keep someone gainfully employed selling cameras the old way. However, if you make the choice to not pay the price for his services, stay out of his shop altogether. If a portion of your buying decision on a piece of equipment is influenced based on how the thing looks, performs, and feels in your hand, buy it from the place where you felt it in your hand. It is unethical to handle the goods at a place where you have no intention of buying them, and then buy the goods from a place where you are unable to handle them first, just because they beat the showroom place on price. They beat the showroom on price for all the reasons you went into the showroom to look and see.