That is a running joke where I work (Sears). There are some old timers that if they determine the person is not buying today, won't give them the time of day.

Butch

Which guarantees the no-sale right? Then what do they do?

Tom C.

For the most part they are the sales people who sell well, so they do OK. The problem is that enough of the ignored go elsewhere so floor traffic is down. Ultimately, everybody loses. Ironically, it is my tendency to help that may be my downfall in this job, as it takes away from waiting on people who are buying. However it is my nature, and I don't think I'll ever change. I probably would have made a great consumer advocate in the 70's.

Butch