Thank you for responding!   :-)

I JUST purchased a new Apple system (G4 17" Powerbook) and have iPhoto v5.0.2, still waiting on Tiger arrival. I also use Photoshop as my photo finishing work. I just want to have a simple interface to store the photos for reference, organization and quick scan. When I get picky I pull out Adobe and go to town.

Here's the deal, I've migrated all my photofiles and data I had on the Dell. I attempted to pop in a JPG just to see how iPhoto would import. It identified it as an unrecognizable file. All other apps can read the file, but iPhoto cannot read it unless I open it in a separate app, like GraphicConverter and REsave it as a JPG. Then it'll work. Considering the thousands of photos I have to work with, that solution is silly. I'm going to test every file format option and see what I come up with.

Thoughts?

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
         - Albert Einstein