Ok then.

So the long explanation comes down to:

"I switched because despite the fact that I was happy with my Pentax camera and the new camera would be a significant financial burden, I felt I'd be happier with the options that Canon offered me. I did my best to transition to the new kit with as little additional out of pocket expense as possible. I find I like the new camera."

I can live with that. ;-)

Enjoy it, Christian. The Canon EF300/4L IS is without a doubt one of the best 300mm lenses I've ever used, and the 100/2.8 Macro has an excellent reputation. I have the 100/2 and find it to be a very very nice lens, with excellent sharpness and contrast as well as beautiful rendering.

Godfrey