Paul Stenquist wrote:

On Apr 29, 2005, at 10:32 PM, Ramesh Kumar wrote:

I used to get 5300x3400 pixels from 35mm scans and never worried about printing on 13x19' paper. I do not have that luxury with *istD, and miss it.

Shoot RAW with your *istD and convert in PSCS at the highest interpolation setting. This will give you a 6144 by 4101 pixel count. If you do a good conversion of a good shot, it will print better on 13 x19 than anything you can get from film. I've done numerous comparisons. I know that to be a fact.
Paul

Please explain "13 X 19." I'm pretty sure Ramesh didn't actually mean "feet" as his message said...

Anyhow, that's a new size/ratio to me, and I can't seem to retrieve it's meaning.
Is that centimeters? Something equivalent to 5 X 7" print size?

Thanks,  keith whaley