No Paul, my message was not meant to provoke, but to open up discussion and
look at a side of the issue that certain people seem to ignore.  There are
a few people on this list that have been seemingly totally dismissive of
film, almost to the point, or perhaps reaching and crossing the point, of
being judgmental and condescending to those who either advocate the use of
film, prefer or enjoy darkroom work, or question the validity of digital as
"the one true way."  I'm sure that as many times as I've been critical of
broad, generalized statements about the superiority of digital, and the
negative comments about film and working in the darkroom, I've made
comments that support the digital workflow and have commented upon some of
the great digital work I've seen.

One may argue that the condescending and superior attitude presented by
some digital advocates on this list are meant to provoke rather than
stimulate open and frank discussion.

Shel