Hi!

A few things you might consider to sway you to the DS

* The 4-way rocker on the DS is a bit better.
* Slightly bigger LCD
* Slightly faster frame rate and bigger buffer
* USB 2 (although if you use a card reader, it doesn't matter)
* SD cards may be more robust (though I have no evidence to base this on). And I have an Optio.
* Was available, and the D was not - this was the main one for me.

On the other hand, I would have preferred the D because:
* Hyperprogram
* 2-wheel manual mode
* Nicer exposure compensation controls (having to use the rear wheel on the DS always feels awkward).
* Jen-U-Wine mirror lockup
* and yes, the vertical grip

Not a lot of difference really. I think you'll be happy either way you go.

It seems one item is missing here. Or may be even two.

1. Readily available choice of metering mode on D.
2. Readily available continuous AF in all shooting modes on D.
3. And finally presence of MTF, depth, and speed programs on D as opposed to subject dependent programs of Ds.

IMHO, D is much more a photographic tool than Ds.

Naturally, if any of the above is wrong and Ds also has what I mentioned, please correct me.

Boris