If you res up at conversion time, you really have to save the hi-res version if you don't want to lose all your work. A 300 gig drive will store several thousand 72 meg pics. A double layer dvd will hold more than 100 backup images. A conventional dvd is good for 50. Storage is relatively inexpensive these days.
Paul
Paul