"Professionally Acceptable"

The problem is that most professional photographers do not do professionally
acceptable work. All it takes, in the US at least, to be a professional
photographer is a camera and registering a DBA with county (If you use your own
name in stead of a made up name for your business, you do not even need the
DBA). There are many poor photographers making money from people who do not
know a good photograph from a bad one. Maybe the top ten thousand of those
hundred thousands you mention are decent photographers. And I think there is a
far higher percentage of good photographers than that on this list. Also most
of those here are here because they want to learn to be better than they now
are. Serious fine art photographers are by and large the people to emulate for
quality, they do not settle for merely professionally acceptable (although to
be honest professionally acceptable is all I ever strived for).

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

Herb Chong wrote:
one of the first things you learn about any art or craft when you go into business is that if you can't stop when it's "good enough", your business fails. hundreds of thousands of professional photographers learn it or fail. the difference is that what is "good enough" for them is far above many of the "it's my best" that everyone else does.