William Robb wrote:

This brings up the interesting concept that the photo finisher should what the inside of your house looks like, and should automatically know what colour things are, given no references regarding it.
Her exposure is off by a couple of buttons (too light), but there is nothing in the scene to tip off the printer regarding what the correct colour should be.

One of the things we deal with on an ongoing basis is the tan wall syndrome. It's not unusual for us to get negatives (especially) that have no colour reference for us to key on to make a colour judgement, so we make a nice looking print, and get accused of being idiots because the walls of the room are the wrong colour.

William Robb

Yup, exactly, I can relate to this SO much.

/Henri