My labs give me exactly what I want.  My contention is that it seems just
plain stupid in many cases to take a perfectly good negative, manipulate
the hell out of it, put it through a number of processes that reduce or
alter its qualities, and then fix the alterations caused by digitizing, in
order to make a print that could have been made from the original negative.

Shel