It's a very nice shot, what I find most intriguing is the fact that the bear branches of the tree on the left reiterate the shape of the hill just beneath them.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I took this about 3-4 months ago when I was checking out the Mitchell Canyon area of Mt. Diablo for the upcoming NorCal PDML meet (we went elsewhere). The CA hills are yellowish brown now, then they were verdant green.

I wasnât sure I would share this â but this is a quintessential Marnie shot. I have taken tons of these kinds of photos: late afternoon, tree trunks backlit to black, dark shadows, trail. So I decided to share it because it IS a quintessential Marnie shot â romantizing/idealizing nature. I get that way when walking outdoors. ;-)

I am unsure how distracting the white sky is (which often happens in this type of shot), and/or how distracting the slightly blown highlights of the white sky are.

http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/trail1.htm

Comments welcome.

Marnie aka Doe

--
A man's only as old as the woman he feels.
                        --Groucho Marx