----- Original Message ----- From: "Graywolf"
Subject: Re: Understanding exposure? Recommendations?

Well, I can say from experience that experience and knowledge are worth at least as much as a winch to a 4x4'er. Where a tyro will get stuck with all that exotic traction control stuff an expert can often simply drive through in a stock flat-fender jeep. Until you have ridden with an expert you have no idea what difficult terrain a 4x4 can actually handle.

Once again skill is worth twice as much as all the expensive toys.

I am still chuckling about how this thread has morphed from someone trying to learn the nuts and bolts of exposure more or less being told, by some experienced photographers who know this stuff well enough that they have forgotten how well they know it, that it doesn't matter, into a thread about 4x4 vehicles where more or less the same mindset is at play.
I suppose it's the teacher in me that finds it rather sad.

William Robb