Some very good points here Shel. Every time I think I might want to switch to
Canon, I remind myself that the *istD is capable of doing everything I require
at the moment. Yes, the slow and small buffer is a minus, but that's about the
only thing that ever gets in my way. Some shooters do need certain high
technology features. I think the IS will pay off for Christian who does a lot
of nature photography. I do some nature photography but primarily for
amusement. So the challenge of handholding a 400 without IS is part of the fun.
I will move up to a higher resolution Pentax with a faster, bigger buffer when
it comes along, but I'm quite happy with the way the current camera performs.