----- Original Message -----
From: "Alin Flaider" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>  The former (?) *ist d is a bit
>   better in this regard but its operation is still closer to a
>   computer than to a real camera.

How so?  It IS a digital camera.  Do you own one?  If not, how extensive
have you used one?  I'll stand by my statements below as far as operation is
just as easy  and straightforward on the *ist D as a "real" camera like an
LX or MX.

You want fidly?  Try a Super Prpgram or ME Super.  I cannot stand changing
shutter speeds via those horrible buttons.  give me a dial (LX, MX and YES,
*ist D) any day.

Christian