On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Steve Barbour wrote:

> > What is the designation for the old screw mount type lens system   and can
> > these great old lenses be adapted /used on the recent bodies..where can I
> > find out about these issues?  Thanks,   Steve

I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one responding to this...

The old srew mount lenses are referred to as "Pentax screw mount" or
"M42" (the mount is 42mm in diameter)

They can be used on a K mount (Pentax current mount) with an adaptor
that usually costs ~$25. If you do this, the aperture in the lens is
no longer automatic, ie you have to stop down yourself to meter and
take the picture.

hth,