An invention that definitely comes from East German screw-mount Prakticas is
electronic
transmission of information about the aperture set from a lens to the camera: three
contacts provided this information, albeit it was non-digital communication based on a
resistor. Pentax much improved such communication in A-series lenses and cameras and
raised it to digital level.