I am not sure about "automatic stop down" which appeared in
the late fifties, but Pentax is the originator or the
"automatic reopen aperture", the "instant return mirror",
and the "behind the lens meter". Pentax had a history of
inventing SLR inprovements and licensing them very cheaply
to other companies. Sometimes to the point where the other
companies had them on the market before Pentax.
--Tom