To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 2:44 AM
Subject: Getting That Old fashioned Glow - Coming Along

Hi Gang,

I just found a couple of nice old lenses for the Leica. One's from 1934 and
the other from 1950, so my quest for "getting the old fashioned glow" is
moving along. I can't wait to check out these lenses to see if they are as
represented. Unfortunately, I missed out on a lovely old 35mm/2.3
Auto-Takumar by just a moment or two :-((

Now, I want to explore developers from the appropriate eras. I think D23
will be a workable choice - don't know of K***k is still making it - but
I'd like to explore other possibilities that are similar to developers from the 30's and 40's. Perhaps there are some mailing lists or web-based forums
that focus on this type of photography. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Sometimes I'm not too good at using Google.

Bill, I know you're an HC-110 advocate.  I've never used that particular
developer.  Any comments wrt how it might work with some of what I want to
do?  Long tones, low contrast, soft look with lots of detail ... maybe the
dilute mixture would be the way to go?

Shel

Shel