From: "Jens Bladt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: First *ist Ds shots

Congrats, Bob.
You realy should try out shooting RAW.
I do it all the time now. The quality is simply better.
I am a D-user, so the time it takes to write the images on to the card is
PITA. I guess the DS works faster.
The PEF (RAW) files can be handled by various kinds of software. My rather
cheap image database software; ACDC can open them and save them as JPEGs
or
what ever. However, to make the best of RAW files, you might wnat to get a
proper RAW converter that does batch conversion - like Phase One (LE),
which
is not too expensive and very good (the best I believ - next to Phase One
SE, of course.

Jens Bladt
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt