From: Wigwam Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 2:20 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Opinions wanted, ebay item condition

What you are describing is extortion.  Negotiating after the fact in an
auction is dishonest.  Again, I am not talking about fraud.  I agree
that the word 'perfect' should not be used - anyone can essentially say
that something is 'not perfect' and be correct.  I should not have used
it and I had it broken off up inside me for using it.  Never again.

When you buy something at retail, you have an expection that it will be
as described - you'll be able to use it as you imagine you will, as the
seller claims you will.

When you buy something at auction, you are participating in a
risk/reward scheme.  You may get something great for nearly nothing -
you may get junk and have to pay for it.  That is the nature of an
auction.  Ebay is an online auction.  It's called 'pay your money and
take your chance.'  You don't get to have it both ways - great deals AND
guaranteed satisfaction - unless the seller is willing to go that extra
mile and offer it as an incentive.

Try going to a county farmer's auction where I live.  Buy something at
auction, pay for it, take it home.  Bring it back at the next auction
and demand your money back.  You'll be lucky if all you get is laughed
at.  That's not how auctions work, and people understand that around
here.