Wiggers, Ebay is not equivalent to a livestock auction. In the latter, you bid solely on the appearance of the animal. The seller does not say: "This heifer will deliver 50 gallons of milk a day, guaranteed". If he did, and it didn't, you would certainly have a legal basis for a refund.

On Ebay, sellers make claims about their items in order to earn a higher bid. If the claims are false, the seller is either acting fraudulently or at best is mistaken. Either way, it's his fault, and the onus is on him to rectify it.

I'm sure you understand your farm auctions. You got burned on Ebay because you don't understand Ebay auctions, or, indeed, the law of the land.

John