Damn you are so wrong on this its too much to list but
the key is FALSE ADVERTISING/LISTINGS on ebay are just
that FALSE. It does not matter one bit whether the
seller lied or just didn't know ( "honest mistake"
as you call it ). Its still false and the seller
has to FULLY refund /renegoiate in those cases. It
doesn't matter to the buyer whether it's a lie
or a mistake, they didn't get what they bought and
that's a refund issue. A U C T I O N format
doesn't matter or make it OK for a seller to make false
claims. EBAY Auctions are not what you
very mistakenly think they are. Just to
confuse you more, not all ebay listings are
even pure auctions any more, many have "But it now"
options. Do you somehow think it makes a difference
on what is acceptable to ship in those cases
because it wasn't an auction ???

And regarding AS-IS auctions, most people know
what they are getting into on them and bid/buy
only on visuals but all things are not visual
then the seller is STILL OBLIGATED to meet claims
made for the items EVEN IF AS-IS. i.e. they
cant say a 10 foot extension cord and then ship
a 6 foot one or say a 16 LB bowling ball and then
ship a 12LB one. Get it? This is mail order.
The seller always has to meet all claims
in his ads....EVEN AS-IS ADS.

JCO